GRAN CODA is a new approach in making a virtual grand piano.
For the first time a virtual instrument was created in collaboration with the manufacturer: Fazioli Pianoforti (Sacile, Italy).
GRAN CODA was recorded in Sacile at the Fazioli Concert Hall and the piano was prepared by Fazioli technicians.
The selected model F278 is the resident Grand Piano of the Fazioli Concert Hall and it was inaugurated in 2005 by a great italian pianist: Aldo Ciccolini.
Paolo Principi recorded it in 3 different microphone positions: Close (most used in jazz and pop productions), Side (for classic music) and Binaural (to simulate the position of the pianist inside the Fazioli Concert Hall).
The virtual instrument was tested and approved by Fazioli technicians inside Fazioli laboratories.
For these reasons GRAN CODA is the only Virtual Piano authorized by Fazioli.
• Fazioli Grand Piano F278
• Recorded at Fazioli Concert Hall
• Piano prepared by Fazioli technicians
• Tested and Approved by Fazioli
• 10 GB storage
• 48 kHz, 24 Bit resolutions
• Natural Decay (no loop)
• Up to 14 velocity layers
• Sympathetic Resonance (with level controls)
• Release layer (with level control)
• Damper Noise (with level control)
• Convolution reverb (with controls)
• 3 band Equalizer
• Dynamic curve control